With age, it becomes important to take care of our health correctly. Adjusting the care of your health over time is vital to leading healthy lives. The same is true for your oral health care. Your smile’s health is essential and needs to be maintained throughout your life.
Our dentist, Dr. Praveen Mandera, is happy to help you maintain your oral health care. Furthermore, our team at New Hampshire Family Dentistry in Manchester, New Hampshire, is excited to share some insights on aging and your oral health with you.
Here are some insights and ideas on how to help you with your oral health care:
– As you age, brushing and flossing may be more difficult with hand coordination, so try switching to an easier to use tool like an electric toothbrush or water flosser.
– Remember to clean your dentures daily, so the bacteria doesn’t seep into your gums causing gum disease.
– Visit your dentist every six months to avoid any serious problems that may occur.
– Quit habits like tobacco because it dramatically increases your chances of cancer and can cause many other oral health problems.
– Keep up with your brushing and flossing habits regularly to keep your smile clean and fresh.
– Avoid dry mouth because it can lead to bacteria breeding in your oral health, so stay hydrated each day.
As you can see, there are many things you can do to take care of your oral health well into the twilight years of life. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like more information on taking care of your smile, please call us today at 603-625-1877 to set up an appointment with our oral health care professional. We look forward to welcoming you into our office.